- Job Category
- Engineering & Construction
- Work Type
- Not specified
Excellent knowledge base in maintenance / repair process and diagnostics skills within an Iron Ore plant or similar Fixed Plant environment....
We are are recruiting a Mechanical Fitter in West Africa for our client, a reputable mining company specialised in the exploration and development of minerals in one of the largest resources of Africa.
If you possess excellent hand-eye coordination and troubleshooting competencies with a wide experience in this industry.
You have a solid background and proven track records in similar projects, then this role is perfect for you!
About the position:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, she/he will be responsible for the tasks associated with maintenance functions for the Process Plant. This includes task scoping, repairs, maintenance, housekeeping, Safety and improvements.
This position also implies : -
The management of your personal maintenance and consumable costs on a regular basis against budget and target demands. - Scrutiny of components/tasks within the plant during the maintenance procedure to recommend more cost efficient methods for performing maintenance functions.
- Ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, objectives and regulations and the commitment to achieving Zero Harm through safe behaviours.
- Ensure compliance with relevant HR policies, procedures, objectives and regulations through appropriate behaviours.
- Participation in Condition Monitoring plan developed and adhered to in utilising scheduled inspections and reporting to relevant persons within the dept. The desired target/ result will be less than 2 unpredicted failures of critical plant equipment each year
- Maximise modular maintenance in order to achieve a Process Common Equipment (PCE) schedule of 9 weeks or greater.
- Liaise with Maintenance Supervisors to minimise disruption to Production targets and supply updates of tasks regularly.
- Ensure all tasks undertaken have been fully prepared/scoped before commencing and completed to the high standard requirements ensuring there is no rework directly attributed to poor workmanship. - Review and recommend improvements to routine Preventative Maintenance, Modular , PCEâ€™s and schedule compliance maintenance tasks through the development of JHAâ€™s and Work Instructions while complying to Current Best Practise (CBP) according to your experience.
- Excellent knowledge base in maintenance / repair process and diagnostics skills within an Iron Ore plant or similar Fixed Plant environment.
- Sound understanding of OH&S standards and the need for compliance.
- Demonstrated mechanical and or welder/fabrication aptitude with a preference of trade qualifications with at least 3 years Process Plant maintenance experience.
- Fitter/welder Dual trades qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Welders to have relevant codes of qualification. Dissimilar metals /lifting lugs - Hydraulics/pneumatics knowledge would be advantageous
- Electrical aptitude will be beneficial - Exposure to Condition Monitoring processes would be favourable.
- Crushing plant experience essential - Conveyor and screen experience essential.
- Preferred candidates to have Riggers Basic , EWP, Dogman, Forklift tickets and Heavy Rigid but not essential.
- Sound task scoping, planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and Technical skills
- Competent understanding of isolation and site permitting systems and the implications of not adhering to the system .
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and PIDâ€™s
- Exposure to multi-national, ethnic and cultural environments
- Experience using SAP ERP software to raise work notifications and Close work orders would be advantageous
If you are ready to bring your expertise towards a challenging position abroad, and your experience reveals your abilities and capabilities to present yourself as a suitable candidate please send your updated CV for an immediate consideration! .