Reports To: Head of Debt collection Department
Duties include receiving payment proof from clients and ensuring that all payments are posted on a customer’s account while keeping collection records on Spectrum Collection Software System
- Debt collection on behalf of financial and commercial institutions, through calling customers,
- Sending emails and SMS’s and negotiating on settlement or repayment plan. It also includes locating and making scheduled visits in order to negotiate for payment
- Advise customer on ways of clearing their debts while sensitizing them on the importance of paying their debts and consequences of non-payment.
- Record information about customers’ financial status and collection efforts’ status by updating call outcome on system.
- Manage personal portfolio, ensuring all clients are accorded necessary attention and agreed collections rate are met.
- Assist in resolving disputes between customers and clients.
- Initiate the clearance process on cleared debts once you receive payment proof and have the same posted by the accountants.
- Maintaining data integrity and keep customer details confidential.
- Attend to walk in customers as well as respond to customers queries within the stipulated time.
- Preparation of daily and monthly progress reports on accounts held as required by client.
- Ensure compliance with the full collections processes, controls, policies, and procedures.
- Live up to the corporate values of Spectrum Network Co. Ltd. This includes observing business reporting hours including working Saturdays/Sundays, taking care of Business facilities and ensure they are always in good condition. These facilities include headsets, computers, desk phones, furniture, mobile phones etc.
- Attend and contribute to team’s strategy meetings with an aim of increasing collections efficiency.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet minimum weekly and monthly call target.
- Daily, weekly and monthly PTP generation target met.
- Daily, weekly and monthly collection targets met.
- Daily, weekly and monthly PTP conversion rate met.
- Nil complaints arising from unprofessional conduct both internally and externally.
- Accuracy of posting data in all systems.
- Identification, documentation and submission of training needs from own areas of development.
- Adequate preparation for monthly performance reviews and execution of actions identified before the next appraisal.
- 100% adherence to timelines for all internal processes & procedures. This includes but not limited to nil late coming / early departure, nil or minimum unplanned absences, timely and quality report submission.
- Leave management: No outstanding leave days as per annual leave plan.
- Active participation in initiatives that promote brand affinity.
- Come up with innovative projects/strategies, with an aim of increasing collections at the lowest cost.
Education & Experience
- MS Word & MS Excel- Advanced
- 2-3 years of experience in debt collection preferred
- Excellent Knowledge of working with Customer Support and or Customer Information Systems
- Strong Analytical & Negotiation Skills, Good Problem Solving skills
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is a must
- Degree or Diploma in a relevant field.
Business & Functional Competencies
- Working With Others : Consciously takes steps to make the most of every conversation/interaction; Identifies people’s needs, interests and motivates them to be able to influence the decisions they make; Communicates simply to excite and engage people; Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively; Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks.
- Operational Excellence: Targets effort and resources on high-value, high impact activity. Focuses on achieving maximum performance and driving continuous improvement. Thinks about processes and problems cross-functionally and end-to-end Uses knowledge of products, technology, process, systems and policy to solve problems.
- Creativity and Innovation: Finds creative ways to exploit opportunities and solve problems. Takes risks and pushes what is possible. Experiments with unorthodox approaches.
- Business Know-how: Uses data and research to make decisions that are competitively and financially robust. Balances current and future needs. Thinks and acts like an owner of the business. Acts in line with legal, regulatory, professional and ethical standards.
- Working With Change Responds flexibly to changing situations .Manages the business and people aspects of change to drive performance.
- Project and Programme Management .Defines scope and deliverables in terms of time, cost, quality and business benefit. Schedules activity and identifies resource needs, dependencies and synergies Evaluates progress, mitigates risks and addresses issues.
- Products, Services and Technology Knowledge: Understands our portfolio - technology, features and benefits. Understands customer needs and explains the impacts and value of Spectrum Holding’s solutions compared to our direct and indirect competitors. Explains Spectrum Holding’s strategy and direction, and how it benefits the customer
- Negotiation: Responds positively and professionally to objections, and addresses the Customer’s needs to successfully close the negotiation using a range of techniques and approaches to make agreements that add value for Spectrum Holdings and our Clients. Understands customers' commercial drivers and leverages them in negotiations Applies commercial acumen to maintain a healthy profit margin
- Competing to win: Brings energy and passion to work and always aims to beat the competition Knows what the competitors are offering, how our offer compares and uses market data to drive decisions
- Service Quality and Planning: Monitors Customer Satisfaction and Plans activities to improve service quality, Forecasts future customer contact patterns and volumes across contact channels.