Reports to: Prog.Director
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Facilitate the process of receiving and posting invoices in the system with high attention to details
- Code invoices to correctly reflect expenses, funding sources, and amounts
- Prepare checks in-house, for vendors on a regular basis
- Reconcile all cash and/or bank accounts monthly
- Maintain all vendor invoice and receipt files
- Maintain all vendor contract files
- Prepare year-end 1099s
- Perform all other duties directed by the Program Director
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Perform regular reconciliations of ledger accounts
- Assist in researching budget vs actual variance and proposing journal entries
- Maintain the fixed asset master list
- Maintain the fixed asset depreciation schedule
- Prepare financial statements, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow, on a regular basis for review with the Program Director
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment with strong background in account reconciliations
- Associates Degree and 3 years of accounting experience will be considered; equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
- Completion of Transformed Life in the Abundant Life Institute.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, a must.
- Experience with integrated accounting system including Payroll, AP and GL.
- Understanding and background in restricted/designated fund accounting
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly developed time management, organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to multi task with clarity; facilitating several projects at the same time with the ability to monitor and assess one’s self.
- Awareness of others and actively looking for ways to help people, adjusting your own reactions in relation to others in order to provide exceptional service to both internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working in sensitive environments which require a high degree of confidentiality.
- Constantly, and consistently, maintain a posture of confidentiality at all times regarding RICC interests, employees and congregation.
- Presents themselves in excellence in regard to appearance and conduct, projecting a professional image at all times.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- This position requires the regular use of a printer, copier, fax machine, adding machine, and company computer running Microsoft Excel, and Sage Accounting.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, using a computer terminal, and reading.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, grasp, talk, hear and perform repetitive motions. The individual is frequently required to push and pull. The individual is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and lift.
- There is no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Work is performed in a typical office work environment.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.