The successful candidate
Must be a CPA-K, excellent retail / manufacturing background with a
great knowledge in inventory control. He/she must have in-depth
experience and understanding of QuickBooks and willing to work Monday to
- Verify, allocate, post & reconcile accounts payable & receivable.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyse financial information and summarize financial status.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Plan assign and review staff’s work.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be a CPA -K.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Awareness of business trends.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Must be willing to work Monday to Saturday.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be comfortable working with a start-up organization.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 80,000 – 100,000 (Approx. 800 – 1000 USD) depending on individual skills & experience.
Position level: Lower Mid-Level Management.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 30th July 2019.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***