Analyze financial information and prepare
financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities,
profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the
Job Duties and Tasks for:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting
records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy,
completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance
with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs,
revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues
and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets,
preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and
accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping
personnel, and direct their work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to
recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
as Internal Revenue Service agents.
management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the
assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Provide internal auditing services for business.
management in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the
design of accounting and data processing systems.
clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation
involving financial issues.
evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such
as the property's description, value, and location.
and examine the records of government agencies.
Knowledge, Experience, Education Required for:
1) Mathematics --
Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their
2) Economics and Accounting -- Knowledge of economic and accounting
principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and
reporting of financial data.
3) English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the
English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of
composition, and grammar.
4) Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for
providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs
assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
5) Computers and Electronics -- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors,
chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including
applications and programming.