• Preparation of the monthly management reports
• Providing financial reports which includes monthly profit and loss reporting, monthly balance sheet reporting, statutory tax reporting,
• Managing the development of the department Budget and Monitoring expenses against the budget to ensure that funds are optimally used.
• Interpreting financial information to management while recommending further courses of action
• Ensuring accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards and that company’s policies are followed.
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Preparation of audit schedules.
• Conducting and Liaising with external auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained for both external, Internal, Tax preparation and coordination.
• Monthly and Quarterly revenue and balance sheet reporting
• Posting Journals.
• Managing all accounting operations, preparing timely monthly financial statements and coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
• Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
• Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
• Managing the preparation of the company’s budget.
• Analysing costs and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
• Safeguarding the company’s assets and ensuring proper use of company’s resources to maximize output
• Ensuring all revenues and expenses of the company are timely and correctly posted.
• The candidate should have a degree in finance or accounting and must be CPA (K) and must have at least 5 years post qualification experience in a busy finance environment, 3 of which must be as a senior accountant/manager. Experience from the banking or lending industry will be an added advantage.