Location: 90% Nairobi 10% Homabay
Reports to: Director of Finance
Start Date: Immediate
The Accountant is to manage finance receivables functions at Victory Farms Ltd. The assignment involves performing sales related accounts functions, Inventory Control and working in close collaboration with other Company departments.
Come join us at Victory Farms as an Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accountant’s duties and responsibilities will evolve as the business’s needs grow and evolve, but will generally cover:
- Develop strong, pro-active relationships with all user departments and become a key player within the Finance department.
- Validate sales revenue; manage invoicing within established deadlines including posting collections, drawing up records, auditing invoices and performing end-of-month closings.
- Timely receivables and collections reporting. Processing payments and invoices accurately
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable.
- Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, goods in transit and balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare inputs into the monthly management accounts and originate the necessary journals
- 8. Responsibility for the preparation and submission of Periodic Statutory deductions and filings before the set deadlines.
- Maintain and update various expense and balance sheet schedules.
- Produce actionable and accurate internal reports on a daily, monthly and periodic basis within defined reporting deadlines.
- Inventory control and management.
- Prepare audit schedules for monthly Management Account reporting and year-end financial audits.
- Management of inter-company transactions and balances.
- Any other accounting duties assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualification:
- University degree in Accounting/Finance/ Business or a related field preferred.
- CPA (K)/ ACCA or equivalent qualifications.
- Strong business acumen/awareness and people management skills.
- Advanced Computer skills with excellent knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience level: 1- 2 Years.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feeding millions of people across the Africa.
VF is the fastest growing aquaculture business on the continent and the largest producer of Tilapia in East Africa.
The company is rapidly expanding its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people, and processes to build a model for sustainable protein production on the continent. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County, and distribution across Kenya. Since inception, Victory Farms has become one of the fastest growing companies in aquaculture globally. In its first eight months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer in Kenya. Today, it is the largest aquaculture player in East Africa and operates one of largest hatcheries on the continent.
VF’s growth trajectory provides enormous opportunity for excited professional to uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Please submit a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and detailing your qualifications and suitability for this role.