AutoXpress Limited is Kenya’s leading supplier of Tires, Wheels, Batteries, Suspension Parts, and Alignment and Balancing Services with an existing countrywide network of 40 branches. We represent world-class brands extending superior service to our customers with an identifiable difference. As we expand our network, we are looking to recruit a dynamic Accounting Officer I (Kenya). Details of the position are outlined below in brief.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant and the Chief Finance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for producing timely reports including but not limited to Bank Reconciliations, Branch-wise Reports and Management Reports to aid decision making.
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the below:
- Be involved in posting various entries into the system
- Carry out bank reconciliations for various bank accounts
- Carry out reconciliations of revenue collection control accounts
- Maintain and update various expense and balance sheet schedules
- Prepare various internal reports on a daily, monthly and periodic basis within defined reporting deadlines
- Prepare various reports required by stakeholders on a monthly basis
- Carry out periodic updates of expected outturns of the financial performance of the company
- Be involved in and support the annual budgeting process
- Be involved and provide support in the annual audit
- In charge of financial record keeping and annual audit for related companies
- Provide support to the regional accountant as and when required
- Any other duties assigned and stand in as a replacement to the staff within the department as and when required
Qualifications and Experience:
- ACCA/ CPA (K)/ CIMA qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management/ related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience of which at least 2 years should have been in a similar role in a commercial organization
- Working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel would be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of SAP B1 will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
We invite you to submit your application via the apply button and then fill out the form found on this link (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfTRGe0cnAQf9iWqsAQU2ow49Lwi3xWCCSn5TzvK3AWRFrBNQ/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1).
Your application should include a cover letter, CV, copies of educational and professional certificates and expected salary package.
Applications should be received not later than Friday 10th January 2019.
PS: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.