- Prepare payroll, issue cheques
- Filling and payment of statutory obligations (NSSF & NHIF)
- Issuing pay slips on a monthly basis
- Manage tax filing- PAYE, VAT, Withholding Taxes and Income Taxes
- Payment of taxes by the due dates
Accounting & Audit
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls and formulating control where they lack.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts (balance sheets, Equity, cashflows and income statements)
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Organize internal audits & work with external auditors to close out on yearly audits
- Ensure issues raised in the auditor’s management letter are implemented.
- Account Reconciliations
- Prepare budgets (for the entire company and by department)
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes
- Accounts receivables- Issuing invoices, ETR, cheque collections and follow ups.
- Accounts payables- competitive bidding for purchases, paying suppliers.Ensuring all payments have proper supporting documents.
- Cashflow management
- Identifying opportunities for cost cutting and ensuring implementation of the suggested measures
- Gather and monitor financial data (e.g. sales revenues and liabilities)
- Forecast costs and revenues
- Analyze financial trends
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Define Key Performance Indicators for the business and work in collaboration with key organization stakeholders to develop strategy to maximize value to the organization.
- Develop and present metrics, financials, forecasts to management. This will include analysis, actionable insight and risks and opportunities
- Formulating Pricing Models to support the sales and marketing teams.