Core Duties: Payables Management
- Timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and check requests making sure that expenditures are properly approved
- Daily checking for incoming vendor invoices from various sources and update the vendor invoice logbook.
- Prepare tax calculation as required to accompany full verified documentation, including Purchase Requisition form, Purchase Order, Goods Receipt Purchase Order, Vendor Invoice, Delivery Order, etc.
- Match the required documents against the vendor invoice. Check the payment terms.
- Check if all required documents are duly signed and approved.
- Perform the AP Invoice process in SAP Business One on a timely basis and with high accuracy, including identifying the correct business unit of the transaction, the type of AP Invoice, the posting date of GRPO, and verifying all details are correct.
- Ensure highly accurate posting of information to avoid any discrepancies or errors.
- Prepare request for payment based on AP invoices – submit accurate and timely request for payments to senior management for review/approval.
- Management of company petty cash, including voucher preparation and disbursement, reconciliation and proper handling.
- Ensure appropriate vendor management and communication takes place related to payments and DKT accounts.
- Adheres to and applies all company policies and internal controls related to payables processing.
- Prepare A/P aging report as required by management.
- Follow up and check timely payment of all taxes and employee payroll benefits.
- If requested, contribute to monthly bank and account reconciliations.
- Ensure that all scheduled check runs and bank transfers are processed in a timely manner.
- Assume additional core accounting duties as required by Supervisor.
Required Qualifications: Knowledge/Education/Experience
- University degree in Accounting and Finance with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in accounting areas, minimum two (2) years handling accounts payable.
- Demonstrated experience using SAP ERP system accounting and finance modules (strong preference for experience with SAP Business One).
- Experience working in a high payables volume organization or company is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- An understanding of and commitment to developing and implementing financial guidelines and policy.
- Experience in preparing financial reports and interpreting financial procedures
- An understanding and ability to appreciate NGO working environment.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Very good computer skills, specifically using Ms-Excel and SAP Business One.
- Very detail oriented
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Very good computing, reading, writing, listening, speaking skills
- Teamwork and collegiality
- High levels of integrity and ethics
- Proactive and results-oriented