The Accountant (Accounts Receivable) ensures the company receives payments for goods and services and that these transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
Core Duties: Receivables Management:
- Accounts Receivable Accountant ensures all daily receivables transactions are recorded timely and accurately. He/she is responsible in sending A/R invoices to customers in a timely manner.
- Oversees the preparation of the AR Invoice process in SAP Business One, including the following:
- processing of delivery notes,
- identifying business unit and type of invoice,
- ensuring correct posting dates,
- verifying detail of orders (items, quantities, price, customer, etc) are correct,
- ensuring accuracy of GL accounts
- Posting AR voucher for review and approval
- Preparing AR invoices and coordinating approvals
- Preparing billing documents to be sent to customers as required
- Verifying all AR invoices against backing documentation, including Purchase Order from customer, Sales Order, etc.
- Ensure all billing documents are filed in proper manner; maintain all accounts receivable files and records
- Ensure all credit and debit notes are handled properly and accurately reflected in the system.
- Ensure customer payment terms and credit limits are adhered to across the company’s systems
- Prepare weekly AR status report for Assn’t Finance Manager
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities or enquiries
- Follow up settlements of advances and other receivables with staff and vendors.
- Assist in compiling financial information and documentation for senior management and auditors; maintain financial records, ledgers and supporting documents as required
- Perform account reconciliations
- Participate in year end cash and stock count
- Adheres to company policies and internal controls related to receivables processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: Knowledge/Education/Experience
- University degree in Accounting and Finance with a minimum of three (3) years experience in accounting areas, minimum two (2) years handling accounts receivables.
- Demonstrated experience using SAP ERP system accounting and finance modules (strong preference for experience with SAP Business One).
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- An understanding of and commitment to developing and implementing financial guidelines and policy.
- Experience in preparing financial reports and interpreting financial procedures
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Very good computer skills, specifically using Ms-Excel and SAP Business One.
- Very detail oriented
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Very good computing, reading, writing, listening, speaking skills
- Teamwork and collegiality
- High levels of integrity and ethics
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Customer service orientation