- Preparation of the management accounts and the financial statements in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Preparation of the budgets and recommend cost reduction opportunities.
- Analyze financial and non-financial KPI and offer professional judgement on how the business can improve its financial performance.
- Monthly reconciliations
- Ensure proper accounting of revenue- prepaid and post-paid revenue local interconnect, international and roaming revenue and cost of sales.
- Managing and proper accounting of assets ie additions, disposals, impairment, revaluation
- Maintaining the asset register of the company.
- Manages capitalization of assets from work in progress to ensure the business achieves the maximum tax benefit from its assets.
- Determines levels of provision to be maintained for network costs in line with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Assist the Financial Controller in presenting reports to senior executives
- Report to the Financial Controller with timely and accurate financial information
- Provides on the job training for new staff and trainees.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- 6 O’ Levels including English
- 2 A’ Level passes
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent is a must
- The candidate should possess one of the following: Full ACCA /CIMA/CA
- 3 to 5 years’ working experience in a similar position.
Candidates of Sri Lankan, Zimbabwean and Indian origin desirable. Qualified candidates from other nationalities encouraged to apply.