REPORTING TO: FINANCE MANAGER
DOTTED LINE REPORTING TO: GENERAL MANAGER/ OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION:
To Provide accurate and timely financial information to management for decision making and financial control and profit maximization.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
These are outlined in the following main categories
A) Book Keeping and Accounting
· Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards and policies.
· Compute and account for taxes owed, prepare and file tax returns, ensuring compliance with tax laws, deadlines and statutory legislation.
· Fixed Assets management and control including preparation of the Fixed Assets Movement Schedule and accounting for the Depreciation thereon.
B) Cash and Treasury Management
· Receive cash and cheque collections from customers. Record such receipts in the SAGE Accounting system and make deposits of the same within 24 hours
· Manage all requisitions for payments.
· Prepare all supplier payments after due reconciliation of all Supplier accounts and ensure the same are fully approved by the respective managers and Bank Signatories.
· Collaborate effectively with the Sales and Operations departments and be the lead in Credit Control to ensure the customer accounts are well reconciled and discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner to avoid delay in customer payments.
· Issue Monthly Statements to Customers and follow-up for the collections.
C) Financial Analyses, Control and Reporting
· Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
· Submit daily reports for Sales, Collections, and Bank Deposits; weekly Stock Reconciliations, aging of Receivables; and Monthly Sales Analyses.
· Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
· Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts. (Make best-practices recommendations to management)
· Liaison with internal and external auditors for the smooth audits and implementation of the Management Letter items highlighted thereof.
D) Procurement and Suppliers Management
· Supervise and Direct the management of requisitions from the user departments and reconcile the summary thereof to the Purchase Orders that need to be raised.
· Ensure all Purchase Orders are appropriately approved and authorised.
· Ensure that Supplier Reconciliations are done on a monthly basis and the same reconciliation forms the basis of payments.
ACADEMIC, PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· Degree in BCom with finance or accounting options
· Minimum of a CPA Part 11 (Sec. 4) or its ACCA equivalent
- Strong analytical skills
- Keenness to detail
- Excellent computer spreadsheet skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
· Minimum 10 years of practical experience in a similar or Senior Accountant position
· Experience in the service industry is an added advantage