The General Accountant will prepare asset,
liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account
Document financial transactions by entering account information and recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
· Receive and process all invoices, expenses forms and request for payments.
· Prepare daily sales reconciliations and monthly bank reconciliations.
· Office administration and other duties as allocated.
· Filing of all payment vouchers and other financial records in systematic and organized manner to ensure ease in retrieval and reference.
· Data capture of financial transaction on to the ERP system.
· Petty cash administration .
· preparation of management accounts other financial reports.
· Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
· prepare accounts and tax returns
- Administer payroll and control income and expenditure
- Audit financial information
- Ensure the statutory deductions are remitted on time
- Analyzing accounts and business plans
• Undergraduate degree in finance and accounting or business related course
• Professional qualification: CPA
• Minimum of 2years experience in a busy organization
• Proficiency in use of accounting software: Sage Pastel
• Computer literate: Proficiency in word, Excel and power point.
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Team player and agile/proactive to learn
• Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines