My Health Africa (www.myhealthafrica.com) was created to help strengthen the health sector across Africa for both patients and doctors.
We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining schedules and managing basic accounting and administrative support, is essential in this position.
The ideal candidate for this job is great with numbers, has a keen attention to detail, resourceful, a good problem solver and very organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
Accounts and Admin Assistant – based in Nairobi, Kenya
The Accounts and Admin Assistant will be responsible for performing a wide range of accounting, administration and office support activities.
Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will be required but not limited to:
- Basic bookkeeping
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, record keeping, generating reports and presentations, setting up meetings.
- Assist in screening CVs and take part in the interview process
- Submit and reconcile expense reports and send off invoices
- Assist in the procurement process such as getting quotes and placing orders
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Manage workflows by assigning tasks to other team members daily, ensuring that deadlines are met, and work is completed correctly
- Implement and monitor programs as directed by management, and see the programs through to completion
- Any other tasks assigned relating to assisting to look after the office, administration and accounting.
Qualifications and skills
- No prior experience needed, however one (1) years’ experience working in an accounts or admin role is an added advantage.
- A degree in accounting or another relevant degree is a must
- Excellent analytical, communication, writing and verbal skills is a must
- Experience using QuickBooks is a strong advantage
- A wiliness to work in a fast-paced start up environment
- Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- A team player and willing to put in long hours
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reports
- Excellent work management, prioritizing skills and problem-solving ability
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Proficiency in MS Excel, with good knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Google Docs
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
How to Apply
Please send your CV/resume and covering letter indicating your expected salary and include the job title “Application – Accounts and Admin Assistant” in the subject line.
Please note that only candidates submitting a complete CV/resume and covering letter will be considered.
Closing date for applying for this position is 19th February 2020
Starting date is ASAP.