We are a leading Print and Branding Company located in Nairobi seeking to recruit an Accounts and Logistics Assistant who will be responsible for providing general financial, accounting and logistics assistance to the finance and accounting department. The tasks shall include, but are not limited to:
- Manage accounts payable (bill payments, petty cash, etc.) against vouchers and / or authorized supporting documents under the approval of the Managing Director and receivables through cash / cheque in accordance with the organization’s financial policy in a timely manner.
- Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Maintain and upkeep records / filing for any statutory reporting / auditing.
- Documenting financial transactions by entering accurate information.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Carry out physical inventory counts to address inventory levels on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis of supplies and purchases as and when needed and submits subsequent inventory reports.
- Receive incoming materials and ensure that the materials are in good condition, unload, sort and stock the materials. Verify paperwork and file all corresponding documentation.
- Collate supply needs for different branches, make provisions and coordinate the distribution of suppliers.
- Monitoring and recording movement of materials and equipment from the head office to various branches.
- Manage inventory and control of local dispatches.
- Centralize the supply requests from all branches and process as required.
- Ensure an accurate and up to date data processing of supplies.
- General administrative assistance as required from time to time.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Degree holder in Accounting, Commerce or related field.
- CPA Section III or equivalent.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 (two) years’ working experience in a similar position.
- Conversant with accounting software and databases.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
The candidate must be well organized, able to work independently, skilled at handling multiple tasks, able to meet deadlines and work in stressful situations. Other specific qualifications include:
- Technical skills as required for data entry.
- The ability to cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
- A logical and relaxed individual able to interact with a variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Proactive and energetic.
- Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills with attention to detail.
- High professional ethical standards.
- Demonstrate diligence.
- Experience in the printing and branding industry is an added advantage.
- Able to start immediately.
If you meet the above requirements, kindly forward a cover letter and a detailed CV by Friday, 15th December, 2017. Preference will be given to candidates that are not currently working. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line. Include your current and expected salary in the application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.