REPORTS TO: Accountant, Finance Manager, CFO
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Ensure posting of receipts into the loan tracking systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure receipting of all customer payments presented.
- Upload of Mpesa payments.
- Processing customer refunds and exits.
- Ensure banking for customers, statutory deductions and any other third party payments and settlements are done on time.
- Primary customer contact person both internal and external.
- Posting of all other customer related transactions in the loan tracking systems.
- Ensure chronological filing of all documents while maintaining confidentiality.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA
Posting of Transactions
- Ensure all customer receipts are posted in the loan tracking system in timely and accurate manner.
- Process all loan offsets.
- Processing of all refunds and exits.
- Processing of correction journals, interest recovery.
- Closure of all accounts upon customer refunds being processed.
- Loading loan disbursement files for authorization.
Customer interaction and processing.
- Third party settlement.
- Issuing and collection of clearance letters for customers.
- Issuing customers with loan statements.
- Processing of stop orders for authorization.
Bank Reconciliations and Reports.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all bank and Mpesa accounts monthly.
- Ensure all un-reconciling items are investigated and highlighted.
- Prepare and pass correction journals where required.
- Preparation of monthly agents commission report and handling any related queries.
- Ensure all documents are filed in chronological order.
- Maintain all confidential information under lock and key.
- CPA Part 2 Sec 3 or Business related degree.
Required Minimum Work Experience
- At least one year microfinance or banking experience
TECHNICAL & BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCE REQUIRED
- In-depth understanding of loan tracking system.
- Mathematical and numeric skills to be able to check and verify accuracy of banking and receipts.
- Basic banking knowledge to verify authenticity of bank slips.
- Working knowledge of the finance policy and procedures.
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Banking knowledge and good command of policies and procedures.
- Good understanding and analysis of customer statements.
- Functional knowledge of the loan tracking system.
- Good analytical skills.
- Functional knowledge of the financial and loan tracking systems.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Understanding the chronological filing system.
Behavioural skills: (Intermediate level)
- Honesty and Integrity
- Customer Oriented
- Communicates effectively
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Time Management
- Good planning and organization.