to the chief accountant
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Review processed supplies invoices by verifying entries posted in the accounting system for completeness and accuracy and reconciling system reports to supplier statements.
2. Ensuring payments are made to suppliers in accordance to agreed credit terms and hospital policies.
3. Maintains accounts payable ledgers by verifying and posting supplier payment transactions upon approval by chief accountant
4. Verifies supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions and provide monthly accounts payable reports to the chief accountant
5. Maintains historical records by filing documents of L.P.Os, invoices, remittance advices and correspondences with supplier
6. Maintain consultant doctors and Locum records and verify, analyze, forward for payment and post approved bills.
7. Petty cash management by recording entry; verifying documentation and maintaining records of payment vouchers and receipts
8. .Track expenses and prepare monthly expense reports to the chief accountant
9. Correspond with suppliers and respond to their queries
10. Support chief account in the budget preparation and implementation process
11. Assist in providing support during external audit exercise.
12. Respond to all Accounts payable queries raised by management.
1. 2 years’ experience in a finance/accounts department preferably in a medical industry
2. Proficiency in use of MS Office with a bias in MS Excel
3. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
4. 2 years’ experience in use of financial software especially hospital based software
1. CPA Section 4
2. Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university will be an added advantage
3. State expectation pay