- Opening and closing the plant unit on a daily basis.
- Manage and monitoring all plant operations including production planning, quality, raw material import, maintenance schedule, product costing
- Monitor & control process parameters of entire plant operations. Keep ensuring for less rejects & rework.
- Identifying and implementing strategies for building team
- Develop and train skilled work force -preparing sop’s and operator training manual
- Keep detailed production records.
- Prepare targets
- Overseeing transfer of finished products to the stores
- General problem solving
Key Result Areas (KRAs) (Role and Responsibilities)
- Accurate, complete and clear status of Accounts Payables ledgers.
- Accurate, complete and clear status of bank account ledgers.
- Timely and complete reconciliation of required ledgers and schedules.
- Timely payment of utility bills and statutory payments.
- Respond efficiently and effectively to your direct manager.
- Strictly follow the Company’s standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Perform and deliver on any other duty as may be assigned to you by your direct supervisors.
- Respond to all Account Payables inquiries, reconcile statements, research and correct any discrepancies that may arise in their accounts.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Maintaining filing system and safe custody of all payables and petty cash documentation.
- Posting, verifying and allocating, invoices and payments on the accounting software in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Prepare and submit Accounts Payable age analysis by the 15th of every month.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports of Petty cash disbursement every Monday by 12.00 noon.
- Prepare and submit local currency bank reconciliation by the 4th day of the month, and foreign currency reconciliation by the 6th day of the month.
- Prepare and submit by the 12th of every month, all statutory payments and returns-VAT, WVAT, KEBS, WTAX, & Statistics.
- Prepare and post journal entries for accruals and prepayments by the 15th of every month.
- Prepare and submit your weekly progress report to your HOD every Friday by 4:00 pm.
Desired/ Ideal Candidate Profile
- Preferably worked in a fast growing company that has a wide range of customers and products.
- Candidate must be a CPA finalist.
- A degree in business related course will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Any other relevant qualifications will be a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and high integrity.
- Demonstrated good communication skills
- Willingness to be trained
- Able to work under minimum supervision and a self-starter
- Experience in different accounting roles will be an added advantage
- Basic math and computer skills especially, good understanding of the MS Word and MS Excel and accounting software