- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system.
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
- Prepare and submit customer invoices.
- Payroll preparation and statutory remittance.
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Code, post and receive payments.
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments.
- Assist in month end reporting procedures.
- Design, prepare and maintain accounting and finance spreadsheets.
- Clients’ accounts reconciliations for payments received and disbursed for vehicles.
- Create sales agreements and proforma invoices and assist the sales team in seeing through sales.
- Prepare all financial accounts ready for Auditors.
- Review new procedures, manuals, and system enhancements.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent.
- CPA (K).
- Proficiency in Tally.
- Ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented.
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 40,000 - 50,000 (Approx. 400 - 500 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Job Type: Permanent.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Career Level: Junior Level.
Deadline: 25th July 2019.
We endeavour to make contact
with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make
this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application
has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be
considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply
for positions that match your skills and experience.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***