Unit: Tamarind Tree Hotel – Nairobi
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we? Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and
operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in
Africa. The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the
quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its
employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental
We invite you to be part of our team
by submitting your application to the following role.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by
analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries of direct invoices
- Participate in paying suppliers; verifying approval on
all invoices, scheduling and preparing checks
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment
discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos
- Issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting
account transactions per TTH accounting guidelines.
- Verifying supplier accounts by reconciling monthly
statements and related transactions
- Disbursing petty cash by recording entry and verifying
- Reporting sales taxes by calculating requirements on
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- University graduate in Finance or Accounting
- Hospitality certification is a plus
- CPA level 1
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in the
- Preferably familiar with SUN system and knowledge or
ability to do month end process.
- Knowledge of Cost Control.
- Excellent communication skills necessary.
- Working knowledge of accounts payable and maintaining
- Capable of effectively & efficiently handling
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Be tech savvy and have a working knowledge of various
computer software programs – MS Office, Receiving Software, Sun System,
Material Control (MC) & Opera.
Are you interested in this position
and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your
CV and a convincing cover letter.
The application deadline is 23rd May
Due to the high volume of
applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any further questions about this
vacancy, visit our website at www.Tamarind.co.ke.