Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain up-to-date billing system
- Generate and send out invoices
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments.
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Generate age analysis.
- Review AR aging to ensure compliance.
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records.
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
- Process credit card payments.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Collect data and prepare monthly metrics.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree, plus CPA / ACCA minimum Part I qualification
- Knowledge of accounts receivable
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Proficient in relevant computer software
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- 0 to 1 year general accounting experience.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Information management
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Team member
- Stress tolerance
- Sense of urgency
- Customer service skills