Position: Accounts Payables/Bank Reconciliation Accountant (For an International School in Mombasa)
Employer: A Leading International School
Ref No: SGK-AP/BRA-05-2019
Job Category: Supervisor
- Degree in business elated commerce preferable B.com Accounting or Finance option
- At least CPA 1
- Proficient in data entry and management and good knowledge with spread sheet
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as Sage, pastel, QuickBooks)
- Knowledge of accounts payable & General accounting procedures
- Organizing, prioritizing and attention to details / accuracy
- Confidentiality, professional integrity and supplier relationship skills
- Good knowledge of judgment and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Communication skills and information management skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team player
Over 3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience in a busy office. School experience or audit firm is an added advantage
Accounts Payables/Bank Reconciliation Accountant will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Provide financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization
- Complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Management of day-to-day payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner including coding invoices, matching purchase orders, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into the accounting system
- Verify payment supporting to align with the institution control policy and procedure.
- Receive suppliers’ invoices and perform the reconciliation of supplier statements before payments.
- Ensure the proper and timely booking of all payments and expenses and keep financial records updated and accurate.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Perform expense fundamental analysis for management review after period close every month.
- Make sure all the files are kept secure, not only the invoices, but also all other supporting documents.
- Manage supplier relations and build effective partnerships.
- Assist finance team with gathering support for all audits, including pulling documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices.
Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Perform complete, timely and accurate accounting and reporting of all bank transactions.
- Ensure all bank reconciliations are properly and effectively done.
- Prepare financial reports of in relation to bank reconciliations.
- Reconciliation and clearance of all suspense and receivable/payable accounts in the general ledger are carried out properly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of banking transactions for all the bank accounts maintained by institution.
- Provide monthly summary of bank reconciliations for review by Management.
- Verify the reliability and accuracy of bank balances in the general ledger and trial balance
Expected Salary:- Kshs. 50,000 - 60,000 plus other benefits