Position: Accounts Receivable Accountant (For an International School in Mombasa)
Employer: A Leading International School
Ref no: SGK-ARA-05-2019
Job category: Supervisor
- Degree in business related course preferably Bcom- Accounting Or Finance Option
- CPA 1
- Proficient in relevant computer software (Sage, Pastel, Quickbooks)
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Knowledge of accounts receivable and general accounting principals
Over 3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience in a busy company. School experience or audit firm will be an added advantage.
The accounts receivable accountant will manage the daily operations and strategic objectives of the school's billing and accounts receivable cycle through design, implementation, maintenance and management of all of the school’s accounts receivable business functions and procedures from billing through the collection process.
Other duties includes:-
- Accurately handle student related and other billing activities on specified dates.
- Generating & sending out invoices, credit notes, debit notes and account statements.
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records including credit notes / debit notes files and bank slips.
- Follow up, collect and allocate payments.
- Properly record and apply payment receipts to outstanding student invoices, and where necessary directly interact with parents / guardians promptly to reconcile discrepancies and questions.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating all necessary information.
- Support annual financial statement audits by compiling the required audit schedules and provide a reconciled statement of outstanding receivables that reconciles with the ledger balance.
- Assist with month-end financial statement closings by providing a verified listing of the month end ageing as well as a statement of the reconciled outstanding student and other balances.
- Support management by distributing timely and accurate accounts receivable information.
Expected salary:- Kshs. 50,000 - 60,000 plus other benefits