Being the Accounts Receivable officer, you are Directly
Responsible for the Accounts Receivables duties via:
- Financial accounts, budgeting and forecasting
- Produce monthly financial accounts in the approved format;
- Provide budget holders with financial information which meets their needs;
- Facilitate the preparation of the annual budget and update forecasts as necessary.
- Ensure the efficient processing of all financial transactions, including invoicing and collection of moneys due;
- Ensure that all money received in and paid out is correctly allocated;
- Ensure the debtor’s ledger is maintained, with accurate coding, and that customers are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure the bank and other accounts receivables accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Prompt follow up of withholding tax certificates from our customers and posting them into the system.
- To perform customer credit worthiness.
- Monitor credit limits and communicate credit concerns.
- Ensures timely delivery of accurate invoices.
- Receive credit application requests, conduct financial analysis, evaluate risk and establishment of credit, submit request for approval.
- Collection target per day is Kshs.4 - 5 Million.
- Prompt follow up with sales team on matters of invoicing and follow up on debts
- Overseeing all accounts receivables functions
- Any other duty assigned by the Finance Manager
- Manage banking arrangements under the direction of the Finance Manager
- Maintain a daily cash flow schedule and produce daily cash flow reports;
Systems and IT
- Continue the development and implementation of financial systems;
- With the assistance of the IT department, maintain software used in financial and payroll administration.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly VAT returns;
- Involve and instruct external tax consultants when necessary.
- Prepare audit schedules as required by the auditor
- Maintaining proper reporting and financial controls; and
- Ensuring adherence to all practices and policies required to meet these objectives.
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce / Finance option/Accounts option will be advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ General Accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) or its equivalent.