Africa Inland Mission
International, a non-profit organization, is seeking motivated, servant
hearted, devote followers of Jesus Christ interested in meeting the logistical
needs of the mission community in East and Central Africa.
The primary purpose for the existence of the organization is to facilitate the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Candidates will soon realize that their positive contributions to the work of the organization will have a significant impact on this purpose.
Reports To: Senior Accounts Assistant
Location: Langata Road
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Liaise with the accountant to ensure that the most up-to-date exchange rates have been posted for subsidiary account holder use.
- Ensure that Cash disbursements for departmental use are duly signed by the departmental head or their designate.
- Ensure that an authorized user has approved disbursements from his/her account.
- Ensure that each request for deposit or withdrawal has been duly cancelled with a receipt number and cashier’s stamp; ensure cheques for deposit have been stamped with the organization’s ‘deposit to’ stamp
- Review cheques received for deposit to ensure that they have been accurately prepared and return to the account holder those, which have been rejected.
- Ensure that receipts are issued and that the organization’s copy is retained and filed
- Ensure that cash delivery slips are prepared and signed for cash being delivered by a third party and ensure that the organizations copy when returned by the account holder is filed appropriately in the event that it must be referenced at a future date.
- Ensure that all entries are recorded accurately to the correct accounts.
- Ensure accurate filing within 24 hours.
2. Maintain Cash
- Manage cash efficiently and effectively without loss or variation.
- Liaise with the Senior Accounts Assistant to ensure that there are adequate funds available to serve customers well.
- Reconcile the cash float daily, investigating material shortfalls and reporting the same to the Senior Accounts Assistant.
- Ensure account holder inquiries are answered accurately and promptly.
- Safe keeping of cash.
- Pending issues should be clearly communicated and concluded.
3. Cross Training
- Job Rotation.
NB: Any other Duty assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma in accounting and bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages; excel and word.
- CPA 2
- A minimum of 2 years experience in cash handling, accounting, administrative and customer service roles.
- Multicultural exposure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
Required Skills/Attributes & Competencies:
- Honest, trustworthy, God fearing and a person of integrity.
- Strong numerical ability
- Good listening and communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Well-developed time management skills.
- Problem solving
- Stress tolerance
- Office and telephone etiquette while addressing customers and colleagues.
- Aptitude for cross training.
- Able to take initiative.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are welcome to fill in AIM-ABS Application form (https://goo.gl/n7Rx6d).
Please note that no other method of application will be
acknowledged other than the online application Form.
Expiry Date: 22nd October 2019