Who we are
St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church was established in Kangemi (Nairobi) in 1985 by the Jesuits of the East African Province.
The Saint Joseph the Worker Development Programmes was established the same year with the aim of managing and coordinating the various development programmes that Jesuits implement in Kangemi. These programmes seek to promote a society free from all forms of discrimination, in which everyone have the opportunity to develop their full potential. Over the years, the Development Programmes has striven to accompany the empowerment processes of the most vulnerable and impoverished persons and communities, survivors of Gender Based Violence, People Living with HIV/AIDs within Kangemi location.
- St. Joseph Technical Secondary School:
- Upendo Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) EducationProgram
- Uzima Programme
- St. Joseph Carpentry Workshop
- St. Joseph the Worker Health Centre
To provide assistance to the St. Joseph Development Programme Management team towards ensuring and facilitating program teams deliverables in an efficient and effective manner. Reporting to the Programme Manager, the incumbent will ensure smooth flow of documentations, communications and logistics of program teams. Manage the calendar of the Programme management teams and ensure an effective and sufficient link between the operations and the program teams.
- Support the Development Director in coordination of communication at the all levels and programmes of the organization.
- Work with the various program offices towards organized filling system and database and ensure sharing of information on shared drives for program information and report.
- Take lead in coordinating, preparing materials and linking with various operations departments to ensuring internal program meetings and workshops are a success.
- Organize for all donor/media/VIP missions and in liaison with Programme Manager to ensure that the visitor’s accommodation and meals are catered for.
- Attend all the PMT meetings, Program Coordination meetings and take minutes for the same.
- Advises school administrators on office procedures, layout, equipment, and staffing.
- Participate in the budgeting preparation process
- Performing routine clerical tasks including date stamping invoices, filling, typing, answering the phone calls, relaying messages, operating office machines, and opening, sorting and routing correspondence.
- Performs secretarial duties including arranging appointments, maintaining and appointment calendar, receiving visitors, , dealing with incoming and outgoing post and mail, and composing communications from general instructions or rough notes
- In collaboration with the project team, support scheduling and running of planned meetings.
- Provide logistical support to all the technical team leads on all planned activities.
- Follow up with procurement and logistics teams on placing of program orders ensuring conferences, travel arrangements and staff accommodation are well planned and information provided to focal program teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of travel requests by program teams to the finance department, follow up with finance to have funds released in time.
- At least a certificate in Administration or related field from a recognized university.
- Proven work experience as an admin secretary.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- MS Office and English proficiency.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- Up-to-date with the latest office gadgets and applications.
- Ability to multitask and priorities daily workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter (stating current and expected pay) & updated CV (with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the Director of Programmes. Kindly indicate the job id while applying; Job Id: SJDP-AS/2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
St. Joseph Development Programmes is an equal opportunity employer.