The Administration Manager will be Targeted with increasing income and capitalizing on commercial opportunities while Ensuring excellent customer service to its stakeholders.
Accountable for both huge financial and non-financial resources for the committee.
The Administration Manager will provide day to day leadership and management in:
- Providing leadership to the organization, working closely with the general secretary and executive committee
- Ensure the development and delivery of the overall strategic direction of the organization to ensure success in line with agreed outcomes
- Inform the secretary of any relevant matters relating to the organization and its wider operations (to ensure it is conducted in accordance with ethical governance, current legislation and financial regulations
- Operationalizing of the fundamental principles of the organization.
- Providing strategic direction through planning, executing and measuring of the vision of the committee.
- Providing a link between governance and management.
- Developing and implementing the organization’s business plan, policies and procedures.
- Promotion and fund development.
- Organizational communication.
- Planning and executing projects such as team trips, events and meetings.
- Supervising committee employees and members of the organizations;
- Reporting operational matters to the board and
- Attending meetings to represent the organization.
- Managing the committee workforce.
- Managing the finances of the organization.
- Ensuring the organization provides the services expected by the stakeholders.
- Liaising with significant partners.
- Functioning as executive director on the board and working as secretary to support the board.
- Leading on the following national initiatives and responsibilities: equality, safeguarding, anti-doping, data protection.
- Ensuring all policies and procedures of the organization are compliant with legislation and current good practice and are updated as required.
- Oversee the implementation of agreed strategies to grow participation, development and ensure the longevity of the organization and to create a sustainable pipeline of high performance.
- Develop, manage and maintain the physical infrastructure and organizational assets.
- The role will be reviewed regularly and may include other duties as from time to time may be required by the president of the committee.
- Oversee the communication plan, media relation policy and overall program for committee including internal and external communication and related quality assurance.
- Post Graduate qualification in either Sport Development/Management or Business or MBA.
- Over 10 years in leading and managing sports or any similar organization.
- Substantial experience working in the non-profit sector/sports and Interacting with volunteers and diverse boards.
- Expertise on issues relevant to the organization.
- Ability to command the confidence and respect of stakeholders.
- A demonstrated track record of promoting diversity and an ability to build Collaboration with the community at large.
- Experience for 7 years in a Senior Strategic Leadership required.
- Experience in or across multiple sectors, including non-profit, public and corporate environments.
- Experience in developing partnerships, building teams and conflict Management.
- Experience in building revenue and increasing support.
- Must demonstrate a high level of intelligence and intellectual curiosity and a Desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and General finance and budgeting.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the Workforce.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Be a member of at least two recognized professional organizations.
Nature and Scope
- Contacts: All levels of the firm.
- Level of Responsibility: Functional direction of a team of professionals.
- Decision-Making Authority: Strategic, Operational and Technical decisions.
- Physical and Sensory Demands: Needs to be a good listener with a strong attention to details.
- Working Environment: Normally office based but also require a lot of travelling.