The goal is to ensure all support activities are carried on efficiently and effectively to allow the other operations to function properly.
The role also places a great emphasis on management of the organizations Human Capital demands and sees the candidate take a lead role in the management of compliance related matters.
Human Resources - Developing and implementing a HR Strategy based on the overall company strategy to ensure that business needs are met
- Recruitment – Advising and leading the management team in talent acquisition and management including managing the recruitment process in a manner that ensures the right caliber of employees is hired and retained. Leading in Manpower planning, to ensure appropriate match between employees and jobs to be done.
- Record Keeping - Organizing and maintaining personnel records, updating internal HR databases and preparing of all HR related documents.
- Legal Compliance - Liaise with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance.
- Reporting - Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics
- Performance Management - Developing, reviewing and sustaining a robust performance management process and all related functions including staff appraisal, training, planning and incentive schemes.
- Organizational Culture Development and Succession Planning - Building a culture of continuous improvement in all operational areas and ensuring succession planning is in place at all levels.
- Working closely with the Board of Directors, General Manager and Departmental Managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (including policies and procedures, performance management, on-boarding and exit planning etc.)
- Developing a HR budget based on the strategy and effectively managing it to ensure that cost management goals are achieved.
- Developing and implementing HR policies and procedures and monitor all HR activities and practices to ensure compliance.
- Managing industrial relations matters and offer training, advise and general guidance to managers and supervisors on labor laws and related market practices, to ensure a harmonious work environment.
- Leading in handling staff grievances in a prompt, conscientious manner while playing heed to the company’s business needs and policies.
- Coordinating and implementing of Human Resource Projects (Job Evaluation, Review of Scheme of Service, Review of HR policies, Review of HR processes and documentation, Manpower audits, managing all Insurance matters, Liaising with departmental managers regarding training of new employees and offering HR support to all company staff.
- Responsible for safety management and training at the workplace, ensuring compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA). This involves creation of programs such as company policies, training, investigating during cases of accidents and implementing post-injury follow up procedures for workers.
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Supervising administrative staff and dividing responsibilities to ensure performance
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new materials with attention to budgetary constraints
- Manage travel arrangements for staff and business visitors
- Management of Company Phone lines and correspondence
- Undertake all and any administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently and that the company offices are running smoothly.
- Facility Management of both office and staff housing to ensure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that work/live in them. This extends to managing services such as cleaning, security and parking to make sure that the surrounding environment is a suitable condition to work. The role also includes overseeing facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (E.g. Electricians)
- I.C.T. – Be responsible for all ICT operational activities and take responsibility for the effective management, performance and improvement of ICT Functions. This includes ensuring that all ICT operating systems and applications are secure and fit for purpose, continually reviewed and enhanced and that they will best deliver on JTI’s business needs.
- Awareness of all statutory compliance requirements for operating industry in Kenya including but not limited to: KEBS, NEMA, KRA, NITA, KRA etc.
- Ensuring all necessary compliance obligations are met and renewed at the right time.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews to ensure compliance procedures are followed.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Maintain all documentation of compliance activities.
- Ensuring Policies and Procedures are implemented for all Administration related areas of responsibility.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and device ways to streamline processes.
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations.
- Be proactive about improvements to staff care and administrative responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Team Leaders and Team Members on special projects.
- Any job-related assignments as determined & directed by reporting authority.
Key Profile Requirements:
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in a fast-paced organization in a related role
- Minimum Degree in Human Resource Management
- Registered or working towards registration with IHRM
- Experience of managing a workforce of no less than 15 Personnel
- In depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies
- Familiarity with Financial and facility management principles.
- Excellent in setting up systems from the start to successfully implementing the same
- Able to work under pressure and meet set targets
- An analytical mind with problem solving skills
- The Ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
- A solid understanding of Human Resource Laws and Regulations in Kenya
- Conversant with local factory statutory laws and special manufacturing compliance laws is an advantage
- Computer literacy
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Good command of Kiswahili
- Strong initiative and desire to help JTI reach its goals
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with description
- Collaborative personality and feels a sense of responsibility & ownership towards JTI’s employees, financial well-being, equipment and materials.
- Dynamic, ambitious and enjoys setting goals and motivating others to see the value in reaching those goals.
- Heavy desire to find and eliminate areas of waste in materials and processes or time so that simple improvements can be made.
- Understands that what gets measured gets done and is driven to measure processes within the plan in order to reveal areas needing improvement or change.
- Refuses to look the other way. Deals with the issues confidently and immediately. Sees a need, fills a need.
- Enjoys learning something new every day. Does not know it all and loves to improve.
- Enjoys working with others and sees value in a Team.
- Passionate about exchanging knowledge with Team.
- Willing to be answerable for personal actions.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with others.
- Developing ideas into concepts.
- Fully dependable and able to work with minimum supervision.