Position: Administrative Assistant (For an International School in Mombasa)
Employer: A Leading International School in Mombasa offering Nursery, Primary and Secondary Education Programmes
Ref No: SGK-AA-12-2018
Job Category: Supervisory
Qualifications/Requirements:Diploma/Certificate in Business Administration, Communication, Public Relations, Secretarial or other related fields.
At least 3 years office experience in undertaking a range of administrative tasks. Experience in a school office preferred.
Duties/Responsibilities:Reporting to the Head of Administration, Administrative Assistant main roles is to provide administrative support to the school, assisting in daily office operations by performing the following duties:-
- Act as an ambassador for the school when meeting parents and other visitors.
- Provide secretarial services, clerical and administrative support to the principal head teacher, head of administration and other staff.
- Offer reception duties as well as acting as a first point of reference for receiving walk-in customers, children, parents and telephone enquiries.
- Offer professional relationships with children, parents and other staff working in the school and providing excellent administrative to all the school community.
- Incharge of internal school communication by ensuring that staff receive messages (telephone, E-mail, fax, face-to-face) promptly and accurately, maintain notice boards, update timetable/rotas and sort&distribute mails.
- Provide other general administration duties such as dealing with new pupils and pupil transfers, manage pupil attendance including follow-up of individual absences.
- Assist with pupil/student welfare by understanding all the students. This includes co-ordination on students pastoral care, medical issues and co-ordination of school visits.Ensuring there is good child protection, health, safety and security measures are put in place all the time.
Expected Salary: Kshs. 50,000 - 70,000 plus company benefits