eligible person will will report to the Property
Manager and take
charge of the administration function, leading and supporting the management
team to ensure high occupancy levels and exceptional service experience
delivery to our clients.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for prospective tenants, entailing introduction to the types of units available as well as the property’s amenities, rental terms and conditions; scheduling of property viewings; preliminary negotiation of contracts within the parameters given.
- Ensure complete occupancy details are maintained on a real-time and accurate basis.
- Endeavour to attain a 100% occupancy rate at all times.
- Prepare letters of offer, tenancy and licence agreements and keep all documentation complete and up to date.
- Support the finance department to capture and bill all rent and other charges.
- Respond to tenant questions and complaints in a timely manner and see that complaints are addressed swiftly, thoroughly and satisfactorily.
- Contact tenants to collect overdue rent or to discuss other issues that require immediate attention.
- Issue receipts and bank all rent and other monies received.
- Manage the outsourced service providers at the property and office staff.
- Schedule maintenance calls to apartment units.
- Establish rapport with tenants so they always feel valued and appreciated.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including mails and emails and respond to correspondence as required.
- Maintain good filing systems for smooth data retrieving.
- Receiving goods and confirming that they are as stated in the delivery note;
- Sorting out soft furnishings (beddings, towels etc.) before they are taken to the individual apartments.
- Ensuring the apartments are in good condition before tenants move in.
- Ensure proper Inventory is taken of all the furnishings, fittings and all appliances provided in the apartment when the client is moving in and when they are moving out and any losses are made good.
- Assist with the overall maintenance of the organization and its offices as well as maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Review procurement requests, initiate and carry out procurement procedures.
- Manage stock and inventory of materials, distribute as required, and keep a clear record of the same.
- Process accounts payable, ensuring accuracy of information.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the property manager and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with staff.
- Diploma or degree in business, management or real estate.
- At least three years’ experience in property management or real estate.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in an additional official UN language will be an added advantage.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Basic bookkeeping skills.