The Admin / HR officer will be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Prepare minutes of meetings convened or attended by project management.
- Provide administrative support to staff in creating correspondence, coordinate appointments and if necessary travel schedules.
- Management of the distribution of office communication to staff
- Prepare and distribute any memo related to the Personnel.
- Supervise, train and mentor cleaner and cooks.
- Assist in reviewing, assessing of application and short listing of applicants where applicable.
- Arrange and conduct interviews to select candidates as per HR manual where applicable.
- Review recommendation on the selection of the candidate.
- Obtain references and carry out required pre-employment checks to ensure that the information given is verified.
- Facilitate induction orientation and briefing for all new staff members.
- Ensure all staff documentation are kept in the personnel file and maintained properly.
- Process for new staff and follow up on medical cards, contract and staff salaries through Nairobi office.
- Conduct information sessions of the policy before staff members sign contracts.
- Protect the confidentiality of personnel and individual information.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Human Resource or Business management or equivalent.
- Diploma with extensive experience in Administration/HR.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in Human resource and Administration preferably in an international organization.
- Extensive experience in working with online HR information system and any other IT platforms.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Sound knowledge of Kenya Labour/employment law.
- Must be highly organized
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Good interpersonal skills; possess the ability to interact with all levels of staff as well as both internal and external clients.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete work under tight deadlines
- Should be of age 25 years and above