KidsCare is a Kenyan organization which was established in 2010 as an NGO, and was later changed into a Trust in 2012. Since 2012, KidsCare has blossomed into a well-functioning and dedicated organization powered by the extreme drive of all parties involved. The organization currently consists of 28 hardworking and dedicated individuals, who work tirelessly to help children who are in dire need of help.
KidsCare Kenya believes that every child deserves the right to a build on their future and develop the talents they have been born with. Therefore, together with our specialized partners, and in line with government policies we are dedicated to ensure that this basic right is being achieved.
Our service center is located in Mshiu, LungaLunga Sub-County. The service center is a unique facility in its area, being made up of offices, a large conference room, meeting rooms, guesthouse, big in-and outside kitchen, a therapy room and a 10-acre model farm. This enables us to offer a wide range of services to the neighborhood, what is a unique concept in the Sub-County. Earnings of the facility are used for our child supporting programs.
Job title: Administrative Officer (AO)
Reporting to: The Deputy Director.
Place within the organization
- endorses the mission and vision of KidsCare Kenya;
- is a member of the team of KidsCare Kenya;
- is assisting the Deputy director;
- is maintaining and improving the customer relations/marketing of all the hospitality services including the conference and training facilities
The tasks from the Administrative Officer include giving operational assistance to the wide part of the business operations/administrations. This includes:
- Front Office Operations.
- Stores and Management
- Financial and HR services for all departments
- Management of the Fleet of Motor Bikes as well as other working tools.
Mentioned are the following tasks:
- assists the Deputy Director and his facility team in the day-to-day doing of their KidsCare operational activities;
- assists to realize the operational facility activities in line with the yearly made activity plan and in good cooperation with the facility manager and her team;
- builds strong customer relationship for the conference/ training services through regular meetings and communications/marketing activities;
- monitors, controls and manages the internal work processes/operations to meet the customer expectations and company goals
- aligning the planning and evaluation activities with the Coordinator ‘Homecare Programs and Sustainability’;
- make and follows standard operating procedures for efficient (business) operations;
- identify problems in operations process and resolve them in quickly and timely manner;
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purpose.
- customer care for Conference and facility services
- front office operations
- conference- and training rooms
- Ensure Motor Bikes are well taken care of
- does the marketing of the various products/services from the farm and facility and the clients follow-ups;
- assists the Deputy Director with the finance and HR administrations;
- Do the planning and controlling the (yearly, quarterly and weekly) action plans of facility and farm departments.
Job profile and competences
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or Accounts Technician Diploma Course
- Pro-active, open minded, understanding, well-structured;
- Has good leadership skills;
- Has good interpersonal skills to build relations with customers and colleagues;
- Is motivated to work in a non-profit organization and in a team that benefits vulnerable children;
- Will embrace the KidsCare values.
- better world
- Salary scale: Up to 15,000 Kenyan Shillings Gross
- Training opportunities