Department: Business Management
Reports to: Head, Business Management with dotted reporting lines to the Academic Manager
Liaises with: All Internal Montessori House staff and departments, Teachers, peer administrators, Parents, and Students
Job scope and context
- To manage the school administration office and provide coordinative services across board.
Min Educational Requirements and work experience
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent. Degree in business management is added advantage.
- At least (5) years’ working experience in similar role or equivalent ; Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
Skills and knowledge needed
- Early childcare experience, bookkeeping and finance experience; administrative experience;
- Analytical, organized, systematic & methodical, effective communicator, good interpersonal and influencing skills, drives change, self motivated, reliable.
- Set-up and maintain efficient office systems and routines including manuals, data entry routines, filing and retrieval systems e.t.c
- Manage school correspondence with stakeholders
- Effectively manage, and coordinate senior management and director’s diaries for stakeholder meetings
- Administer staff (teaching and non-teaching) coverage / absence / e.t.c
- administer school’s admissions procedures; by giving advice to parents on admission criteria, collate applications for admission, and monitor criteria being consistently complied to.
- Administer student exit / transfer procedures
- Maintain up-to date student records including emergency contacts, medical forms, and all other relevant documentation
- Liaison on parent communication
- Maintain student and staff databases on appropriate backed-up technology; ensuring up-to-date data is maintained
- Manage school enquiries
- Provide support to learning activities e.g. logistics planning for field trips e.t.c.
- Coordinate school transport and school events
- Maintain annual licenses, review and negotiate where appropriate.
Finance and procurement
- Order stationary and other supplies, while managing stocks inventory
- Manage the compilation and maintenance of the school equipment inventory
- Prepare financial data, statistics and income / banking records, petty cash reconciliations e.t.c. for reporting
- Manage allocated budgets, and ensure financial systems are complied to
- Manage all payables and receivables
- Prepare and schedule invoices to all parents and processing of payments
- Undertake any relevant banking responsibilities as applicable.
Leadership & management
- Provide leadership in brand ambassadorship for the Montessori House brand
- Provide leadership on design, development and implementation of the school annual calendar
Human Resources Management
- Manage recruitment and placement of support staff
- Manage and set objectives and carry out appraisals for support staff
- Liaison with finance for payroll monthly inputs
- Liaison with school management on the delivery of training and development for staff
Health and safety
- Champion, Refresh, monitor, implement the overall school health and safety program and agenda
Other General Responsibilities
- Liaison with external agencies for school alignment e.g. county government, school associations, parent’s associations e.t.c.
- Drive customer service standard in all parent interactions
- Co-ordinate weekly/monthly/quarterly routine meetings as applicable, and in liaison with the head teacher / director