• Train farmers on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) to maximize yield and ensure quality of produce is not compromised.
• Demonstrate and train farmers on the best techniques for farm produce that reduce the risk of damage during growth.
• Interpret soil and water test results to farmers and advise accordingly.
• Advise and avail information to farmers of the best farm inputs to use on the farm and on the crops as well.
• Ag chemical, fertilizer and seed recommendations
• Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations
• Insect, weed and disease monitoring / diagnostics
• Carry out any other duty as requested.
• Diploma in Agricultural Extension Education or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; a Degree in Agricultural Extension Education or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
• Have at least 2-3years’ experience in agribusiness.
• Proficiency in Basic computer packages and Mobile Applications.
• Demonstrate PR and interpersonal skills, leadership skills, supervisory skills and strategic planning
• Good spoken Swahili and spoken and written English.
• Able to operate effectively and to gain trust of farmers.
• Welcomes and values diversity and contributes to an inclusive working environment where differences are acknowledged and respected.
• Should have the ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines.
How to Apply If this describes you and are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject ( Agronomist-Wheat/Maize/bhoma Rhodes Grass) before Tuesday 21st January 2020 .
Salary Kshs. 20000-30000