We are a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Distributor located in Nyahururu town, Laikipia County. We seek to recruit an Assistant Accountant – Payables.
Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager
Industry: Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Remuneration/Budget: Gross monthly salary of Ksh: 30,000 – 35,000
Location: Nyahururu town, Laikipia County
- Posting & reconciliation; cheque posting and other relevant accounts payable records posting
- Ensure completeness of the general ledger
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Reconciliation of cash books and purchases ledgers
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing cheques; resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; and issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare and report on all taxes and statutory requirements including but not limited to: VAT, W/Holding VAT, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and other requisite deductions
- Assist in stock taking and where necessary get involved in random stock takes
- Follow up on debts from credit customers
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Compile and submit all financial reports in a timely manner and as required.
- Any other duty as maybe assigned from time to time
- The job holder should be 25 years of age and above
- Finance Degree or CPA (K)
- 2 years accounting experience preferably in an FMCG distributor
- Computer literate/proficient
- Financial/Accounting systems knowledge. ERP usage/knowledge an added advantage
- Conversant with the KRA itax system
- Must have a valid certificate of good conduct.
- Skills: Tracking Budget Expenses, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information, Accounting, Vendor Relationships, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, interpersonal, leadership, attention to details and excellent communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, email addresses and day telephone contacts. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three professional referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization.
Applications by qualified and suitable applicants for the position should be submitted on or before 15th November, 2019.