1. To prepare Management Accounts and Statutory Financial Statements as per IFRS, in accordance with set procedures;
2. To ensure that Financial Statements and reports are fully compliant with legal and regulatory requirements;
3. To understand the internal control aspect of the businesses and assist clients accordingly
4. To file VAT returns
5. To file PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and other statutory returns
6. To maintain a FAR (Fixed Assets Register) manually and on a specialised software
7. To perform bank reconciliations manually and on an accounting software
4. To perform debtors and creditors reconciliations manually and on an accounting software
5. To apply for, and/or to follow up on applications made on behalf of our clients, to KRA, NSSF, NHIF, WIBA, NCIB (construction), ……..
6. To assist in the incorporation of domestic companies in Kenya
7. To prepare and submit ad-hoc financial reports
8. To ensure files are properly maintained – originals of documents are properly kept and corresponding scanned documents are saved in appropriate folder.
9. To prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
10. Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
11. Any other duties associated with the proper and professional keeping of accounting records and administration of local (Kenyan) companies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. CPA qualified/partly qualified but must have completed all subjects of Part I and Part II of the KASNEB CPA exams;
2. A minimum of 3 years’ experience within the accounting field; and
3. Conversant with accounting software (like QuickBooks, Sage One, Tally and so on).
1. Fluent in oral and written English;
2. Pro-active with a team-oriented behaviour;
3. Able to handle pressure and prioritise to meet tight deadlines;
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential;
5. Sound analytical and problem-solving skills