- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Cook foods to individualized taste of customers.
- Regular maintenance and cleaning of grills and other kitchen areas.
- Maintain regular satisfaction, cleanliness and quality at all times.
- Prepare food for banquets and create daily specials based on available ingredients.
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs
- Supervise kitchen staff’s activities
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Manage kitchen staff
- Rectify arising problems or complaints
- Give prepared plates the “final touch”
- Perform administrative duties
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Perform routine training of other kitchen staff
- Perform preparatory work such as cutting meat, skewering meat, mixing sauces, and making vegetable garnishes.
- Grill and garnish hamburgers or other meats, such as steaks and chops.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Cooking food in various utensils or grillers
- Planning and ordering of kitchen purchases and ensuring they are in right quality.
- Diploma in food and beverage production
- Minimum 2-3 yrs experience
- Expertise in hot kitchen and African cuisine