Department FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
Reporting to FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
The Assistant Finance Manager will be fully engaged in the Company’s values and deliver within the framework of the Company’s strategic pillars below:
- Fully understand the Raiser money making model & to align finance decisions and processes to maximize the Company’s profits.
- Understand the Company’s pricing strategy to help drive top and bottom line growth.
- Have a clear & in-depth & understanding of the Company’s cost structure & advise on wasteful areas & course correction.
- Prepare key weekly & monthly management reports with recommendations on the meaning and how these numbers impact our company goals. These include:
- Prepare Accounts Receivables and track collections through the Inside Business Partner and Client Partner.
- Keep good records of Accounts Payables and ensure prompt settlement in line with our reputation.
- Weekly & monthly cash flow forecasts & P&Ls
- Monthly & year to date analysis on facilitation hours
- Revenue by industry analysis
- New vs repeat business
- Preparation of weekly & monthly suppliers’ payments
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Understand and manage the Company’s fixed & movable assets
- An effective and current filing system that ensures that all documents are easily accessible
- NSSF, HELB, SACCO, Pension & NHIF returns & ensure full compliance
- Petty cash float
- Put together the annual budget and ensure it addresses growth, margin, velocity, cash flow and the customer.
- Support to make the Raiser team deliver effective service to the clients through:
- Prompt preparation of purchase requisitions & orders, sales invoices (proforma & tax) & client statements
- Help maintain healthy relationship with the Franchisors by:
- Efficient royalty management and up to date payments
- Reporting – ensure that Crestcom and Franklin Covey reporting is done accurately and on time
- Ensure automation of sales & accounting processes & interlink with other departmental processes to ensure seamless flow
- Have up to date standard operating procedures for the Finance department
- Updated policies on key areas such as risk, amortization, business process continuity, procurement and disposal of assets, insurance
- Be knowledgeable of key finance laws affecting the business especially in the tax area.
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure consistent update of skills required to run an effective finance department.
- Deputize for the Finance and Administration Manager & be capable of effectively managing all functions of the Finance Office.
Job Specifications (Ideal):
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA or ACCA qualification
- At least 4 years demonstrated experience in accounting, finance & planning in a busy organization
- Demonstrated experience in accounting software, e.g. Quick Books, SAGE & PASTEL.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP) operations will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of basic working IT applications
- Knowledge & operating capability of the iTax system
- Presentation skills of financial reports
- Negotiation skills
Personal Attributes/ Desired Behaviors:
- Strong mental agility, innovation & creativity
- Bold & inquisitive
- Hungry for performance
- Proactive & confident
- Engaged & engaging
- Exceptional organization skills
- Diligence & focus on targets & deadlines
- Setting business direction through proactive action
- Inspiring business acumen & achieving business performance
- Build pride and passion
- Growing own talent and capability
- Self-managing & self-developing
- Protect and enhance the Company’s reputation
Key success indicators
- Connect all of finance work to the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Achieve and grow your capability and capacity.
- Clear & impactful contribution to team organization performance.