Primary Location: Kilimani & Westlands
Employee Status: Full time, Limited Term
Reports into: Food and Beverage Controller
Your role is to assist the Food and Beverage Controller in ensuring that all food and beverage costs are recorded, analysed and controlled. To ensure all food and beverage revenues recorded through the POS system are correctly allocated in the food and beverage department reports and to the correct outlet. To ensure accurate transfers between stores and outlets are in place. To monitor wastage and voids and report any shortages / losses or suspicious movements to management.
Company Overview: Mama Rocks is a gourmet burger restaurant founded in 2016 specialising in African influenced burgers, sides and drinks.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Receive and weigh goods and put them their allocated place
· Maintained supplies and inventory of food and beverage items
· Ensured all the received food and beverage items met standards and specifications set by the management
· File away delivery notes and invoices
· Assist F&B Cost Controller with monthly Food and Beverage stock take.
· Assist with updating menus and prices on POS system.
· Receive and dispatch orders to the different restaurant locations
· To ensure that the flow of food and beverage throughout the restaurant is recorded.
· Responsible for recording and checking all requisitions and wastages are entered into the system accurately.
· Assist F&B Cost controller in producing consumption reports for each financial period to ensure that each outlet has an accurate Cost Of Sale against revenue.
· Conducting spot checks on outlets to ensure that stock areas are in order and to identify any variances for a moment in time.
· Assist F&B Controller to produce reports for management to use to help their business.
· Attention to detail
· Computer literate – proficient in Excel
· Have excellent interpersonal and communication and presentation skills
· Physically fit as you will be required to receive heavy goods
· Organisation skills
· Numerical skills
ABOUT MAMA ROCKS BURGER KITCHEN
In January 2016 Mama Rocks brought the African Style Gourmet Burger to the vibrant city of Nairobi, via our food truck based in The Yard, Westlands. Catering to Nairobi’s growing young middle-class professionals we are Africa’s answer to Hard Rock Café with the same emphasis on strong merchandising, branding and broad appeal. Mama Rocks is still in it's early days but has the potential to be a truly global African brand.
African food is some of the tastiest in the world but on the whole underrepresented in the culinary scene. Mama Rocks is on a mission to change that. Mama Rocks Burgers fuses the premium Western Style burger with the distinct flavour influences of the four corners of Africa - a one of a kind and winning amalgamation. Each burger has a catchy, memorable name to back up their unforgettable flavour.
Mama Rocks does not just offer the same dining experience offered in most casual dining restaurants; Instead, customers will find themselves overwhelmed by the friendly and engaging personalities and exciting music and art-based environment. From “door to door,” the Mama Rock’s staff will take great care of customers in order to ensure they are satisfied and ensure that Mama Rocks is the place that our guests return to and recommend to their friends.
Our name pays homage the traditional African woman. Like Mama Rocks, she is the centre of the community. Inclusive, Mama Rocks will bring multicultural Nairobi together in one spot, a cultural culinary experience for indigenous and non-indigenous guests alike. By day: that place to go to catch up with friends, that unique venue to have that business meeting or for the soloist surfing the net. By night: the place to chill out with partners for that relaxed evening meal, the hub for African arts - nurturing the talent of musicians, comedians, providing emerging artists with a platform to exhibit their creations and the spot for Nairobi’s notable events calendar after parties.
The Mama Rocks concept celebrates ‘New Africa’. Just like the new generation of Africans Mama Rocks is urban, fearless and open to the world.