POSITION TITLE: Assistant General Manager / Asst. Hotel Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager /Director
NOTE: All applications should include current and expected salary.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
Directs and coordinates hotels activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximise full potential with a balanced focus on hotels mission, guests, employees and owners satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the General Manager in his day to day operations.
- Assigns duties to HOD's and observers performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Provides training to staff and HOD's.
- Monitor the Guest feedback on Trip advisor, booking.com, guest feedback forms and any other online platform
- Receives and resolved or assists the General Manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Assisting General Manager during Morning meetings or conducts the morning HOD meetings in the absence of General Manager.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD's and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfillment of special event need.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Assist the GM in in all aspects of business planning.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assist the hotel manager in ensuring the security of their guests and the entire hotel or hotel department.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
- Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and assistance as required.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- A university degree in hotel management, business administration or a related field with experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record. Experience in financial accounting, personnel supervision and problem resolutions is an added advantage. Excellent computer system skills.
- At least 5 to 10 years experience in the hospitality industry and at least 3 to 4 years in the same position or senior management