Position: Assistant Gravure Operator (For an Industrial & Commercial Printing & Packaging Company)
Employer: A Large Industrial & Commercial Printing & Packaging Company
Ref no: SGK-AGO-10-2019
Job category: Middle Management
- Diploma in printing technology or electronic/mechanical engineering. At minimum a graduate of high school
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in a busy printing or packaging company.
- Working experience with Mechanical Line Shaft, or Electronic Line Shaft gravure machine, like Cerutti, Bobst, Hsing Wei, Rotomec, Windmoller. Ideally experience with eltromat or BST auto registration system
Assistant Gravure Operator reports to Chief Printer and will perform the following duties:
- To ensure job is printed as per specification on job ticket (substrate, artwork, quantity, quality).
- To reduce wastage where possible.
- To ensure printing logbooks are filled on daily basis.
- To ensure machine is kept in good condition.
- To ensure maintenance/greasing of machines are done weekly.
- To ensure house keeping of the printing area.
- To ensure that inks and substrate are issued on a regular basis.
- To inform the Chief Printer about machine breakdowns immediately.
- To inform the Chief Printer of any non conformity for the job immediately.
- To make sure that that there is continuous improvement of the printing process in the company, as per continuous improvement procedure.
Expected Salary:-Kshs. 50,000 - 60,000 + Overtime + Company benefits