BOOKING OFFICE RELATED
1) Ensure all business permits are renewed timely.
2) Devise, monitor and review sales target and incentives for branch staff
3) Ensure customers get the promises that we give as a company.
4) Ensure parcels are well kept in the booking offices and safe from damages.
5) Monitor the delivery time of the parcels visa vis committed timeline, investigate delays and put corrective measures in place
6) Evaluate the customer complaints, devise methods to control complaints, work on process enhancements and communicate effectively to all stakeholders, including the customer service team
CREW RELATED (Conductors and Hostess)
7) Ensure all crew members have required documents i.e license, PSV and good conduct.
8) Ensure all crew members are trained on parcel handling and documentation when on transit
9) Check tracking report on over speeding, fuel consumption and journey management.
10) Monitor the performance of the crew.
11) Advice crew on how to load and off load parcels effectively ensuring safety of the parcel, saving time and optimum use of space.
12) Setting goals, performance reviews and mentoring conversations with the team discussing their progress
1) Vehicles are scheduled and availed as per customer demand.
2) Provide courier logistics solution according to customer needs.
3) To apply for tender and projects that have been advertised.
4) Hold regular meeting with team to touch base on progress and shortcoming of our operations.
5) Assist in recruiting and training of courier personnel.
6) Ensure all vehicles and offices are branded according to courier branding guideline.
7) Monitoring courier competition in the market and coming up with measures to counter competition
8) Handle customers complaints and processing of claims.
9) Engage in customer retention program by visiting our existing courier customers and finding out any challenges that they face with our delivery services.
10) Attending daily, weekly and monthly meetings with various departments to check on progress and solutions to bottlenecks.
11) Manage, evaluate and provide professional guidance to the team.
• Understand NTSA regulations on road safety.
• Understand Communication Authority of Kenya (governing body for courier) rules and regulation on courier operations.
• Understand courier license procedure in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
• Understand the road network and condition so as to know where we can send our parcel trucks.
• To understand cross border regulations and requirement on movement of cargo.
• To understand general vehicle maintenance and operation cost.
• Optimum resource and space utilization to generate maximum revenue while minimizing cost.
• Analysis of financial and operations report.
• Understand current courier marketing trends and customer behavior that change with time.
• Generate revenue from online courier business especially when working with online shops.
• Create, analyze and interpret courier data to derive profitability of the business unit.
• Understand fuel consumption, tire consumption and wear & wear of courier vehicles.
• Knowledge of current market rates in courier especially weight and volume (CBM)
• Parcels handling procedures for warehousing and loading, off loading
• Proficient with MS office tools.
• Language proficiency English and Kiswahili.
• Be able to interpret and analyze financial data.
• Parcel packaging and loading skills
• Planning and execution.
• Delegation and control.
• Risk management
• Negotiation skills
• Sales and marketing skills
Education and Experience;
• 3 years in logistics company with last two years in supervisory role in a courier industry with a professional company.
• Diploma in business management or any other related field.
• Should have managed a team of more than 50 people in a courier company before.
• Should be computer literate and understand MS office tools, ERP experience would be preferred