Reporting to: Pedagogical school manager
Deadline for application: Open Until Filled
Little Mountain Village offers an education that honours every child’s enthusiasm for initiative, creativity and social responsibility.
We are a vibrant learning community where Waldorf/ Steiner education, which is based on a deep understanding of the developing child, integrates the intellectual with the artistic, the practical with the beautiful. Therefore fostering the ability to engage more fully in the world today and in the future.
Main features of the position
To support the Kindergarten Teacher in his/her work and help maintain the Kindergarten environment through caring for the children. To help create a warm supportive atmosphere, and the physical care of the Kindergarten accommodation, consistent with the best in Steiner education.
- To support the Kindergarten teacher in his/her work, and to help maintain the Kindergarten environment.
- To maintain the daily rhythm of the Kindergarten.
- To be aware of and attend to the needs of the children.
- To be alert to, and attend to, situations needing attention and to respond appropriately.
- To help with the daily preparation of room materials and activities, and prepare the morning snack.
- To work with the children on craft and domestic activities, support the listening skills in story-time, and be actively engaged with the content of Ring-time, learning the songs and gestures. Singing and imitation of the teacher and leading singing.
- To develop the skills needed for story-telling, puppetry, finger rhymes, songs and poems.
- To supervise the children in the garden or on walks.
- To take care of children needing comfort and first aid.
- To clean, mend and make equipment, and to help maintain areas used by the Kindergarten, which include the main rooms, cloakroom, toilets, kitchen and garden.
- To liaise with the parents / carers if required, and to keep information confidential.
- To attend kindergarten and teachers’ meetings, parents’ meetings and festivals. Some evenings and weekend days included.
- To perform such other duties as the teachers and management may from time to time reasonably require.
- To uphold Kindergarten and School policies, government curriculum guidelines and Steiner/Waldorf standards and guidelines.
- To be prepared to attend weekly study class as well as other training courses as necessary for work.
- To work within the principles of Steiner Waldorf education.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least Diploma in ECDE
- Certificate/Diploma in Waldorf/Steiner Teaching Kindergarten (Desirable)
- 2 years’ experience in classroom teaching.
- Ability to paint, sing and good in story telling will be an added advantage.
- Registered with TSC
- First aid trained
How to Apply
When submitting your application
All interested and qualified candidates must submit a CV (with references) and cover letter with the subject ‘Application for Assistant Kindergarten Class Teacher’
Clearly state your current and expected salary in the cover letter.
NB: Little Mountain Village is an equal opportunity employer.