Division/department : General Takaful
Immediate supervisor: Claims Manager
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure in-depth, investigation of actual claims through direct or indirect contact with policyholders, claimants, other carriers, physicians, contractors, attorneys, etc.
• Ensure applicable claims are reported accurately and timely to reinsurance as required by procedure.
• Recommend for approval appropriate reserves on files within the set guidelines and monitor the utilization of the distributed reserve.
• Control and direct activities of defence counsel, directly or indirectly through staff.
• Closely monitor statutory and case law changes within jurisdiction and communicate changes to staff and customers.
• Coordinate efforts among staff and other parties to achieve timely, equitable disposition of claims handled in the Claims Department.
• Review, monitor and provide technical expertise of staff and ensure that there is systematic adequate on job training
• Monitor benchmarks and have working knowledge of Expense and Payment controls, Large Losses, Staffing and Performance Management.
• Establish and maintain a register of all claims received continuously update claims register and prepare claim reports (Loss ratios per scheme)
• Advise marketing of any claims above 1 million for target selling of the Family Income benefit
• Ensure that With-holding taxes to KRA are remitted as required
• Circulate a list of all outstanding claims every Monday
• Update the AKI register with the claims per scheme
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
8 years’ experience