ABOUT THE ROLE
Nova Pioneer Academies is looking for a superstar Associate Dean of Students for our Tatu Primary School. We are seeking a dynamic individual who would support to champion the growth and culture in our school. This is an opportunity to create a transformative brand with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
You will support the development of our parent partnership model alongside the Dean of Students and our teaching teams. In addition you will build relationships with staff and parents to facilitate academic and discipline strategies in the Primary School. Moreover, you will work closely with data systems to ensure and develop pastoral excellence.
You will also:
- Coordinate all clubs (objectives, sign-up, budgets, reports, etc.)
- Coordinate the club experience for our Nova parents
- Coordinate field trips and other school trips
- Support the Dean of Students in managing student behaviour and track school incidences
- Support the Dean of Students in conducting staff Professional Development sessions
- Manage the sports coordinators and music coordinators
- Manage all club vendors and partner coaches
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in education and are TSC certified
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a rigorous, high-expectations school setting including at least one leadership role (e.g. department chair)
- You have excellent interpersonal and strong leadership skills that encompass trust and respect
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have an ability to be flexible, adaptable, innovative and creative
- You understand the complexities of working in a multi-faceted organization
- You have a passion for students at pre primary and primary levels
- You have high energy levels and can work in a highly confidential setting
- You should be proficient in MS Office/ Google Suite Applications
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 8 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
WORKING AT NOVA PIONEER
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than at most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing professional development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.