REPORTS TO: Manager Operations
SUPERVISES: Audit Assistant-Assurance
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide support to pre audit planning and approve audit plans for all audit engagements supervised.
- Provide support during audit engagements- address any audit problems arising, review and approve completed draft accounts and audit files as per requirement; and give monthly progress reports.
- Carry out end of year financial audit: Planning, fieldwork, reporting and wrap up according to the laid down firm’s operating procedures. Preparation and compilation of end of year financial accounts for the clients, filling tax returns with K.R.A and compile client audit file.
- Undertaking other specific audit assignments and preparing detailed audit observations and reports.
- Oversee interim audit engagements- align the team to the timelines and guide in planning and execution of the audits.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement activities to the audit process under the guidance of the Team Lead- Assurance.
- Act as liaison between the clients and the firm and ensure all the client’s needs are met in time.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform any other audit and accounting tasks that may be allocated from time to time.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Or/and be a holder of C.P.A Part II.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position in an auditing firm- experience in use of an audit software is compulsory.
- Be computer literate and have knowledge of accounting packages.
- Possess problem-solving skills, have attention to detail and have time perspective.
- Highly organized and able to work independently and as part of a team with minimum supervision.
- Possess good communication skills and customer care.