Purpose: The Production Manager is responsible for coordinating the
activities instore bakery Production and monitoring procedures and standards to
achieve consistent high quality products produced in an efficient manner. The production
manager provides leadership for, and develops the abilities of, production
leaders in the department.
The Production Manager is
responsible for ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service
by maintaining regular quality audits, good manufacturing practices, compliance
with local regulations (OSHA, Department of Health, etc.) and HACCP.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and ensure production plans for all bakeries
are in place
- Ensure production target are achieved in the bakeries
- Oversee quality assurance and consistency across all
- Set and develop hygiene standards and ensure compliance
in the bakeries
- Ensure good customer service is offered in the bakeries
- Ensure there is product availability in the bakery,
i.e. maintain at optimal capacity
- Ensure that staff are in proper uniform and are well
- Ensure consistent and timely supply of ingredients to
the bakeries from Head Office
- Ensure machine repairs and service maintenance in the
bakeries is timely done.
- Develop sales promotion programs to attract more
- Enforce cleaning schedules for equipment and work area
- Continually perform quality audits as well as equipment
- Coordinate regular training on all staff for proper use
of equipment, customer service and any other related training.
- Any other task as assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Diploma in food production
- 3 – 5+ years of hands on, management experience within
a food production environment, preferably within the baking or related
- Good working knowledge of bakery production equipment
such as mixers, dividers, rounders, proofers, etc
- Working knowledge of process controls and industry
- A good understanding of working within a budget and
meeting those goals.
- Ability to resolve problems and jump right in to help
- Good Organization and Time Management Skills
- Ability to supervise and mentor
- Positive and professional communication and customer
- Competent in computer knowledge – accustomed to working
in an MS Office environment and competent in Excel
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements
send your CV. Quote “Bakery Production Manager
“ on the email subject
Application deadline is Wednesday
May 23rd, 2018, at 5:00pm.
Late applications will not be