Main Accountabilities and approximate time splits
(SALES TO CUSTOMERS) 60 %
• Sales of General Insurance( Motor, Non motor and Medical Insurance) bancassurance products as guided
• Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of General insurance products.
• Receive Mi from the Sales Manager on the insurance portfolio at the branch for engagement and cross sells
• Monitor Branch renewals with an eye to obtain cross sales and referrals to grow insurance portfolio
• Provide direct “hands on” sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow-up) to convert quality leads into sales.
• Participate in specific product and campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
• Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales campaigns.
• Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
• Monitor own sales performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and provide results to the Sales Managers. Provide activity sheets and pipeline data as requested
• Own and manage personal products & channel sales targets to contribute towards the direct sales objectives and targets.
• Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advise (e.g. Bancassurance department) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
(PROVISION OF CUSTOMER SERVICE) 10 %
• As per procedure manual provide customer documents( Policy Documents, Risk Notes, Debit Notes, Acknowledgement forms and receipts on time
• Own customer queries and complaints around the insurance product and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Line Manager or Bancassurance team.
• Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and Bancassurance team) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
• Advise customers as soon as the purchased product has been accepted by the underwriter.
(OPERATIONAL RIGOUR AND COMPLIANCE WITH KYC REQUIREMENTS) 10 %
• Comply with the Non life procedure Manual on procedures and processes in totality and refer any exceptional items to head office
• Complete Insurer proposal forms and attach relevant supporting documentation like copies of logbook and valuation reports
• Ensure accuracy of each application and all other customer documents. Lead Generators (LGs) are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
• Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
• Comply with general Barclays operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
(CONTRIBUTE TO DEVELOPMENT OF THE TEAM) 5 %
• Share knowledge and experience with other Lead Generators in the team.
• Provide cover for other Lead Generators in case of excessive workload or absence.
• Deputize for the Line Manager whenever required.
(CLAIMS MANAGEMENT) 5 %
• Ensure All claims are reported to Head office Bancassurance team as guided and assist the client to attach relevant documentation and have claim forms well completed as trained
• Pursue Claims from Notification, Registration to settlement and ensure TAT is followed as per agreed terms
• Manage customer service on claims by informing the client of each claim update
(RENEWALS MANAGEMENT) 5 %
• Achieve renewals on portfolio of 90%
• Pursue continued improvement in obtaining cross sales for additional sales from existing customers
(UNPAID PREMIUM MANAGEMENT) 5 %
• Ensure all business production is paid for and receipted as per insurer agreements
• Pursue continued improvement in premium collection with each sale
• Excellent planning & organization skills
• Very strong communication & questioning skills
• Good selling/influencing skills
• Presentation skills
• Listening skills
Knowledge and Expertise (relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role. May include knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies)
• Knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies including standard tariffs.
• A thorough understanding of the Insurance sales process
• A working knowledge of non-life insurance products
• A sound working knowledge of the insurance market and competitor products.
Experience, qualifications and other requirements specific to the role
• First degree or diploma
• Relevant experience in Non-Life Insurance sales
• Or KCSE – Overall C Plain and C Plain, in English and Mathematics
• Certificate of Proficiency (COP) qualification as a minimum. Or progress towards COP.
• Competitor product sales experience
Training Requirements specific to the role
• Bancassurance products training
• Detailed product training on all bank products
• Customer service training
• KYC & Operational Rigour
• Anti-money Laundering and Fraud Prevention
• Time management
• Presentation skills
• Influencing & negotiation skills training
• Coaching skills
• Credit training
• Budgeting Skills
Key Issues over the next 12-24 months
• Upskilling on all Retail products to ensure complete coverage of the products and services available
• Completing the skills workbook
• Internalizing the principles of the Customer Revolution and applying it to all processes
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role
Barclays Values to be exemplified on this role: