for the staffing and motivation of a
professional bar and restaurant brigade; staff welfare and training;
maintaining prime condition of all
operating equipment; full responsibility for payroll costs and other expenses;
planning and expediting new menus concepts and trends in conjunction with the
Manager and Executive chef ( within the boundaries of the hotels expectations);
responsible for the effective and efficient operation of all the Bar & Bar &
Restaurant, with the prime objective of providing a first class product, timeously and of
an excellent standard, in keeping with the established Hotel Standards of
· Holds regular problem solving and operational meetings with all personnel to ensure smooth running of the Bar & Restaurant, with the aim of maintaining the Hotel’s standards.
· Takes personal interest in staff welfare to ensure the brigade remains highly motivated and performs at its best under operational conditions.
· Conducts regular performance appraisals on all Bar & Restaurant Staff in accordance with the Hotel’s policy.
· Ensures all employment, terminations, and disciplinary procedures are carried out in accordance with Company policy.
· Regularly inspects all operational areas to ensure that tidiness, correct storage, stock levels, and the highest degree of hygiene & cleanliness are maintained. Actions any irregularities immediately.
· Regularly oversees, in conjunction with the Cost Controller, attends and monitors all operating equipment stock takes and ensures accuracy and correctness.
· Orders, through the F&B Controller, all food &beverage items required at the set standards and within the budgetary constraints.
· Liaises closely with the Hotel’s Sales department in order to ensure the smooth running of all pre-booked functions and special parties.
· Maximizes food & beverage profitability by controlling all spillage, spoilage, and wastage.
· Diploma in Restaurant Management or Hospitality preferred. A degree will be an added advantage.
· Three years of experience leading or managing a front-of-house restaurant / bar team
· Strong understanding of steps of service; outstanding communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
· Great leadership skills & complete knowledge of inventory procedures & controls.
· Must be able to control costs, train staff, handle social media posts & have impeccable customer service skills.
Ability to work a flexible schedule